If it’s your turn to host your family for the holidays in North Carolina, don’t stress about it. As a million questions run through your mind and the unknown of how you’ll get everything done emerges, we are here to tell you that it can be a simple and organized season.
Regardless of whether you are having five or 50 people over for the holidays, these tips can help prepare you and your home to effortlessly look calm and collected.
- A storage-packed island will allow you to utilize maximum space in the most important room during the holidays—the kitchen. Keeping things organized will give you the space you need to prepare food and visit with family. After a full day of cooking, a kitchen island with hidden nooks and crannies makes clean up simple so you have more time for the good stuff.
- The holidays are a wonderful time for you to dress up your fireplace with up-to-date design trends. Not only does it keep your home warm, but it is often the focal point of the room. Whether you want a television or various decorations hung above the mantel, the possibilities to add a personal touch abound.
- Before the holidays is the perfect time to call in the professionals at Pella in North Carolina to insulate and seal your windows. Keep your guests warm in those rooms you rarely use. Reduce the chilly drafts by adding insulation, or even replacement windows, to make sure everyone has a warm and comfortable holiday.
- The winter months are the perfect time to add a little life to your décor. Through the brisk season in North Carolina, you might struggle to find bright colors outside of your friend’s ugly Christmas sweater or Grandma’s cookie frosting. Get creative with indoor plants and flowers —this will add some life and is a great outlet for a craft day.
- Whether you need more chairs around your table or you want a dedicated area for the kids to eat, make sure to provide enough easy seating and places to dine for your guests. Don’t forget about a cozy spot to settle after a big Thanksgiving dinner, either.
- Let’s be real, holiday food is the best. Touch up on your home, but also fine-tune your favorite recipes. When your food completes the beauty of your kitchen, your guests will want to come back to the best kitchen in North Carolina every year. If you don’t like cooking, put your effort into searching for festive plates to put tasty treats on.
- This time of year is a perfect time to check or install your smoke alarms. Fires are common during the holiday season. No matter how great of a cook you are, sometimes things go wrong in the kitchen—it is better to be prepared and keep your guests safe.
- While they may collect dust during the rest of the year, dining rooms finally get the action they deserve around the holidays. Whether you want a festive look or an elegant feel, there are infinite up-to-date design options you can take advantage of. Add anything from a grouping of candles to a bowl of pinecones to bring attention to the center of the table as a wintry statement piece.
- With bay windows there are endless possibilities to expand your space and utilize a nook. Make use of your untouched space and add tables, chairs or even a bench with extra storage. Make a perfect spot to reflect on your holidays and enjoy a cup of hot chocolate after a successful celebration.
- Last, no matter how many projects you can fit in before the holidays, only do what you can and still make time with your loved ones. Any projects you complete will make your house more inviting. There isn’t a better time to feel at home in North Carolina than the holidays. Toss in some comfy throw pillows and enjoy.
For more help making your holiday season a little more cozy for your friends and family, visit our professionals at Pella in our North Carolina showroom or call us at 866-539-4196.