Investing in your own space is important, and when it comes time to replace windows, any homeowner will want to be sure they are getting what they paid for. It’s important to look at the style, material and design of a window, but to understand your return on investment for your window purchase, it’s important to look at the long-term benefits you’ll experience during the years. Here are a few of them:
- Your energy bills are reduced overtime. After replacement window installment, you could see your heating and cooling costs drop. According to the ENERGY STAR®-website, ENERGY STAR certified windows have been shown to save homeowners an average of $101–$583 annually when replacing single-pane windows.
- New windows are great for real estate. According to the National Association of Realtors 2017 Cost vs. Value Report, new wood or vinyl windows could return 73 percent of the project amount when you sell your house. If you are considering selling your home in the next few years, your first action item might be to replace your windows.
- You could earn rebate rewards. There are easy-to-use rebate offers and a special offer finder online for many ENERGY STAR window purchases. The online finder allows homeowners to look through available rebates through a ZIP code entry and locate the best deals in North Carolina.
- New window glass can help protect your furniture. As technology has advanced, new glass panes can now help reduce fading of your furniture and fabrics from harmful sunlight.
- You could earn green-energy tax credits.* Newly installed energy efficient windows that meet ENERGY STAR requirements are eligible for a thirty-percent of costs tax credit with no upper limit in 2017. To find additional information about the details of green-energy tax credits for the North Carolina area, visit energystar.gov.
Sometimes it pays to be energy efficient, even though the upfront cost can be daunting. Replacement windows are a great way to spruce up your house before the fall hits, while also saving some extra cash in your pocket for the future. Find out more about replacing new windows with Pella by giving our team a call at 866-539-4196 or arranging an appointment with us online.