Fall is just around the corner in North Carolina, and as the season begins to change, so does the indoor and outdoor décor of our homes. Now is the perfect time to begin thinking about how to “fall-ify” your home entryway and add some enjoyable fall accents for your replacement doors to replicate the feel of the season. Doors are typically the focal point of a home—they offer curb appeal and can make a strong impact on a person’s first impression of a house. Here are a few things to ponder when selecting your new fall door décor:
- Creating levels in your entryway – Height is your friend when it comes to drawing eyes to your home’s doorway. There are a variety of ways to create levels, including incorporating decorative grasses, hung lights or basket plants, or galvanized buckets to stack pumpkins or other creative fall decorations.
- Embrace color – Fall gives us a brilliant color palette every year, so your front entryway should do the same. Gourds and pumpkins always provide a great pop of color, as well as color-changing leaves and apples. Warm colors are the best option for the fall palette.
- More than corn stalks and wreaths – There are always staple fall decorations that are used each year, but creativity in on-trend items can make your house look unique and stylish. Some of the popular door hangers this year include:
- Wood – try a wooden sign with a fun fall message to provide an inviting atmosphere to your entryway
- Pinecones – string a bunch together and paint them in warm hues for an added pop of color
- Burlap sack – instead of loading fall flowers into a basket, compile a burlap bag with flowers and pumpkins and place it on your door for the perfect fall charm
- Scarecrow – turn an old straw hat into a charming scarecrow to greet guests when they arrive at your door
Use your replacement door as a canvas for fall creativity during this change of seasons and wow your neighbors with lively and unique curb appeal. If you have any questions about making the most of your entryway fall décor or if you think your decorating might include investing in a new replacement door this fall, give our professionals at Pella in North Carolina a call at 866-539-4196 or schedule an appointment with us using our online scheduler. It’s always a good time for a new front door and a new look!