Winter weather is just around the corner in North Carolina and when the temperature lowers, the energy bills can often get higher. There are a lot of things that you can do to get yourself organized for the chilly season and equip your home for the weather change. Storm door installation can help with your home comfort throughout the winter season, and Pella is here to help prime your home for what’s ahead.
So, what’s so important about storm door installation? While storm doors are beneficial all year long, here are several of the benefits that storm doors deliver during North Carolina winter:
- They increase energy efficiency – Storm doors are one added layer between the outdoors and the inside of your home. Their glass covering option decreases energy loss and can help save you some money on your heating this winter.
- They increase home security – Just as storm doors deliver an added layer of protection from the elements, a locked storm door also adds another barrier for burglars or other unwanted guests.
Storm door installation is a good way to prep your entryway for the upcoming winter, but here are other ideas to save some money in your home as the colder weather looms:
- Check weather stripping. When your weather stripping is loose, cold air can sneak in and affect your home comfort. If you have challenges with reattaching or replacing loose weather stripping around your windows or doors, give our Pella of North Carolina team a call and we will gladly help.
- Clean window sills and moving parts. Debris can accumulate in the moving parts of your windows and doors, especially in your window sills. Take a dry paintbrush and brush out these areas to create a tighter seal and better the performance of your windows and doors.
- Repair damaged exterior surfaces. Any weak spots on the foundation of your home, for example deteriorating siding or a cracked roof spot, could permit cold air to enter into your home. Chat with a professional to fix these issues before the winter hits North Carolina.
If you have additional questions about how to prepare your house for the colder weather, or about storm door installation this winter, give the team at Pella in North Carolina a call at 866-539-4196 or visit our showroom to chat face-to-face with our experts. We want to help get your home ready to handle the changing weather.