Whether it’s your front door, your patio door, or even a back door; doors play an important role in the aesthetic that guests have when entering your North Carolina home. When you decide it’s time to replace your doors, it usually means you are willing to enhance your home’s curb appeal or that you are just ready for a change in home ambiance. Either way, replacement doors are a big change and call for a few things to remember. Lucky for you, the professionals at Pella have a few things to consider before you determine the final new door style:
- Style with decorative hardware. Finish off the style of your doorway with decorative hardware on your door, such as door hinges, bells, and knobs.
- Add a splash of color. Speaking of curb appeal, why not accentuate your door with a pop of color? Colors that go with your current paint scheme are great and consistent, but colors that provide conflict to your scheme can make your home look unique!
- Experiment with lighting. People often misjudge the functionality of lighting in an entryway. Whether you’re highlighting specific features, landscaping, or the door itself, proper lighting can bring a whole look together and feel warm and inviting to house guests.
- Enhance with plants. The use of greenery around a doorway can also make an excellent first impression. Plants can pull attention to particular door details and distract attention away from other unpleasant aspects of a doorway.
- Try new accent features. There are many added features that can improve a door, such as sidelights, decorative glass, small windows and more. With the perfect accents, your door and home can get a major makeover.
Welcome guests into your home with an inviting doorway and make a wonderful first impression. Drop by the Pella showroom in North Carolina, give them a call at 866-539-4196 or arrange an appointment online to discuss all the choices for getting replacement doors to enhance the look of your home.